Are you a person who is looking to have a positive impact on communities, has the ability to organize and execute tasks, is driven by achieving goals and can lead a small team to complete projects? Camoin 310 is announcing the opening of a Project Manager position in our Richmond, VA office. We are looking for someone who is organized, self-motivated, and willing to join our growing team of professionals that are working around the country to identify economic growth opportunities for our clients. This position is geared towards an individual willing to learn our prospecting service line before moving on to a project manager/floor manager role, taking on additional responsibilities in support of our national growth strategy.
About the Firm:
Since 1999, Camoin Associates has specialized in providing economic development solutions to both public, not-for-profit, and private sector clients. Our mission is to support our customers in their efforts to create meaningful employment opportunities and vibrant communities. In early 2019 Camoin acquired the Richmond based marketing and prospecting company 310 Marketing to form Camoin 310 and create the only full-service economic development consulting and business investment lead generation firm in the country.
Our clients include local and state government, economic development organizations (EDOs), non-profit organizations, private developers, and corporations. We guide our clients through processes that include economic development, organizational and workforce strategic planning, market analysis and financial feasibility, economic impact, business attraction prospecting, and a wide variety of other services that are intended to increase investment, build tax base, create meaningful employment opportunities and help build healthy vibrant communities.
Our reputation for detailed, place-specific, and accurate analysis has led to projects in forty states and garnered attention from national media outlets including Forbes magazine, NPR, San Francisco Chronicle and the Wall Street Journal. To learn more about our experience and projects in all of our service areas, please visit our websites at www.camoinassociates.com and www.310ltd.com.
The person chosen for this position will eventually serve as a project manager for client-based projects being led out of the firm’s marketing and attraction division located in Richmond, Virginia. The successful candidate must be highly organized, analytical, able to manage and lead other staff, effectively query large databases, analyze and summarize various data sources, and work well under deadlines. Other responsibilities will include supporting the management of client-administered programs, and helping in the preparation of proposals, pursuing company marketing initiatives, and assisting with other internal company tasks. With time, travel will be required.
- Undergraduate and Masters level degree in economics, finance/accounting, policy analysis, urban planning, public administration, or other related field preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of stable professional level work experience required.
- Economic development or call center management experience preferred, but not required.
- Manage others and work in a team environment
- Excellent communication both in person, verbally and in writing
- Attention to detail is a must
- Data manipulation across multiple Microsoft office programs including Access and Excel; this position will include query writing, review of multiple tables for inconsistencies, standardization of data
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- Availability to work outside of normal business hours
- Limited travel within the US
- Evaluate new hires, assess skills and performance and provide training and support as needed
- Design project goals and determine how to track the success of a project
- Ensure projects remain on time and on budget
- Liaison between call team and upper management
- Prepare and present progress reports
Please note that we are only making this position available to citizens and residents with all necessary authorizations already in place (OPT does not qualify).
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to Rob Camoin, C/O Erin Teets at firstname.lastname@example.org. If selected for further consideration, we will request additional documentation at a later date. Please no telephone inquiries.