Real Estate Development Analyst
Do great work, with a great team, for great clients.
Camoin 310 is looking for a Real Estate Development Analyst that can use market and economic data to understand real estate supply and demand, changing real estate conditions, identify development opportunities, conduct financial feasibility analysis to determine viability, and who is skilled in summarizing and presenting data in a way that is clear and concise. Come be part of a firm that is working around the country to analyze rapidly changing real estate markets and help our clients successfully navigate real estate development, redevelopment, and reuse projects and initiatives.
This is a fully remote position.
This role is part of an integrated team of real estate strategists and economic analysts and will work closely with the Director of Real Estate Services and Director of Research. The position offers an opportunity to work on an exciting variety of projects for public and private clients, including adaptive reuse, brownfield redevelopment, communitywide development strategies, major mixed-use development, housing studies, disposition plans, and others.
We are looking for someone who is highly analytical, experienced with real estate market and financial analysis and associated tools, research-oriented, organized, able to work independently, self-motivated, and has prior professional experience. This position is geared towards individuals who have the skills needed to analyze and interpret economic and financial data, enjoys research projects, and are looking for an opportunity to use those skills to support the team in various economic development related projects and grow professionally.
Camoin 310 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
About the Firm:
Since 1999, Camoin 310’s mission has been to support our customers in their efforts to create meaningful employment opportunities and vibrant communities. Our Real Estate Development Services practice area is growing and in need of an experienced, passionate, and analytical thinker. Across all our service lines, we offer research, analysis, and business intelligence services that increase investment, increase the tax base, create meaningful employment opportunities, and help build healthy vibrant economies.
We do great work. As a firm, we pride ourselves on being forward thinking, collaborative, and able to help clients identify and solve their critical economic development related issues. Through our work, we strive to make a positive change, creating job opportunities, improved quality of life, and greater prosperity for all. It is interesting work, something different every day, and it makes a positive impact on people’s lives.
We have a great team. We care deeply about the work we do and the people we work with. As a fully remote team, we have regular check-ins with all staff to maintain the firm’s culture and close relationships, and strive to enable staff to work at a level that allows for life-work balance. We are supportive, collaborative, open to new ideas and approaches, and personal interests and professional development goals are encouraged to be pursued. The firm offers competitive salaries, health insurance benefits, retirement contribution, professional development support, paid time off, holidays, and a flexible work schedule.
We have great clients. Our clients include local and state government, U.S. territories, economic development organizations (EDOs), non-profit organizations, private developers, and corporations. We build long-term relationships with our clients because they trust us to provide honest, accurate, and impactful guidance to them.
To learn more about our experience and projects in all our service areas, please visit our websites at www.camoinassociates.com.
The person chosen for this position will serve as a data analyst for client projects, including real estate and industry market analysis and development feasibility studies. Examples of project work include:
- Perform highest and best use analysis to assist a community in redeveloping a publicly owned brownfield site.
- Conduct market research and analysis to advise a private developer on development programming and phasing for a large mixed-use site.
- Build a pro forma model for a mill conversion project that identifies funding gaps and alternative financing sources.
- Undergraduate and Master’s level degree in real estate development, urban planning with a real estate focus, economics, finance, statistics, business, or other related quantitative field preferred.
- Prior professional experience working in Real Estate Analysis and/or Real Estate Development position.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytic skills in data analysis and economic research, professional-level competencies in Excel, experience working with databases and/or CRM systems, data visualization, and excellent writing and communication skills required.
Additional Skills Desired:
- Aptitude for assessing and understanding numeric data and ability to identify trends and critical points.
- Experience working with CoStar and other market research tools.
- Ability to interpret information and succinctly articulate its meaning in written and graphic form for a non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated interest and ability in research techniques, analytical tools, and desire to utilize new tools for gaining insights into research topics.
- Knowledge of research methods including survey analysis and web-based research.
- Excellent attention to detail, time-management, and organizational skills.
- A good communicator, strong collaborator, and team player.
Please note that we are only making this position available to citizens and residents with all necessary authorizations already in place (OPT does not qualify).
Camoin 310 provides all analysts with equipment (PC, dual monitors, camera, and optional headset for video conferencing).
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to Rachel Selsky, C/O Erin Teets at firstname.lastname@example.org - include job title in the subject of the email. Please describe in your cover letter why you want to be in a position of research and analytics. If selected for further consideration, we will request additional documentation at a later date. Please no telephone inquiries.
Key Words: economics, analytics, analyst, economic development, real estate development, consultant, market research