Evaluating programs and services to ensure success.
If it's worth your time, it's worth measuring.
States and cities that have a candid and impartial understanding of their core competencies, cluster strengths, and a trajectory of key economic trends better catalyze additional economic growth within emerging areas. Economic development and public officials that recognize the importance of assessing the economic and fiscal merits of development projects and policy decisions ultimately make better decisions that have greater support and capacity for implementation. With the tools and an experienced staff of economic development and finance professionals, we measure:
- Economic Impacts - How existing and proposed developments and policies impact direct and indirect job creation, wages, and spending within a defined local or regional economy.
- Fiscal Impacts - Project a project's impact on a taxing jurisdiction's revenue and expenses and how those changes affect taxing rates.
- Economic Indicators - Select data organized into a scorecard used to measure progress towards goals for economic growth and for understanding how a city, region, or state is performing economically over time.
Visitor Spending Economic & Fiscal Impact Analysis
Economic impacts associated with the operation of proposed or existing tourism amenities and quality of place assets are driven by visitor spending. Breaking down the total visitor spending by industry results in an accurate read for how one dollar spent in a specific industry sector multiplies throughout local economy in terms of sales, jobs, and earnings.
- Saratoga County IDA - Saratoga Race Course Impact Study
- Empire State Development - Remsen - Lake Placid Rail Corridor Impact Analysis
- Omega Retreat, NY - Visitor Impact Analysis
- Walkway over the Hudson, NY - Visitor Impact Analysis
- Camden Snow Bowl, ME - Visitor Impact Analysis
Retail & Mixed Use Development Impact Analysis
Analyzing proposed development projects' impact on the local and regional economy as well as government, public school, and emergency service provider taxing jurisdictions.
- RXR Glen Isle - Mixed Use Development Impact Analysis
- Seneca Place - Mixed Use Development Impact Analysis
- Town of Enfield, CT - Transit Center Impact Analysis
- New York Power Authority - Offshore Wind Power Impact Study
Program & Service Evaluation
Evaluation of programs, policies, and services is pivotal to ensuring their success. Assessments of performance allow better tracking of economic development efforts and measurement of results.
- Town of Bethlehem, NY - Tax Base Analysis
- Town of Clifton Park, NY - Tax Base Analysis
- Portland Chamber of Commerce - Annual Economic Scorecard
- State of Maine - Economic Indicator and Benchmark Analysis
- Greater Providence Chamber of Commerce - Benchmarking the RI Knowledge Economy
"We're thrilled that the project finally has some legs moving forward...the report from your office (the 'Camoin Report' as we call it) has been instrumental in getting funding agencies to finally take us seriously. We expect some more funding announcements from both some private and other public sources to be coming soon, so we should really be off and running then."
Lumber City Development Corporation