The Spokane Area covers Ferry, Lincoln, Pend Oreille, Spokane, Stevens, and Whitman Counties in Washington State and Kootenai County in Idaho. This region generally represents the labor shed from which employers in the Spokane Area attract workers. Camoin Associates partnered with Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI) to provide analysis of workforce supply and demand for targeted industries in the Spokane Area, to aid in guiding workforce development policy in the area. Key industries identified were:
- Transportation and Warehousing
- Finance and Insurance
- Professional, Scientific and Technical Services
Each industry received a thorough examination and analysis to identify employment trends, industry competitiveness, and current resources for workforce development. From this analysis, a set of industry roadmaps were developed to support workforce strategies that can hone in on specific targeted industries to help boost labor force development in the Spokane Area.
- In-depth data and analysis on workforce trends in Washington
- Identification of ongoing trends in workforce growth and development
- Detailed road maps to support industry-specific workforce strategies