New York State’s Office of Community Renewal just announced the availability of approximately $20 million in State and Federal funds for housing related projects. The funding is divided into the following programs:
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) ($12 million)
- NYS HOME Program ($8 million)
- CDBG eligible communities are cities, towns, and villages with populations less than 50,000, and counties with an unincorporated population under 200,000. A list of eligible communities can be found here.
- HOME applicants include units of local government, non-profit corporations, Community Housing Development Organizations, and Public Housing Authorities.
- CDBG – rehabilitation, well and septic replacement, and lateral connection assistance that benefits low-and moderate-income individuals. Maximum funding limits for CDBG housing activities are $500,000 for towns, cities, and villages and $1,000,000 for counties.
- HOME – homeowner housing rehabilitation with or without rental units, manufacturing housing replacement, homebuyer purchase assistance with or without housing rehabilitation, homebuyer development new construction or acquisition with housing rehabilitation, and tenant based rental assistance. For more information regarding HOME eligible activities and maximum award amounts please visit: http://www.nyshcr.org/funding.
Applications for both programs are due November 16th, 2018 through the Community Development Online Application System.
Camoin Associates has over eighteen years of experience successfully submitting grant applications and securing over $50 million in funding for clients throughout the state. In addition to grant writing, Camoin works closely with communities who have been awarded funding to administer grants to elicit high impact results while ensuring overall compliance.
Interested in learning how your community could benefit from these funding sources?
For more information, contact Alex Tranmer at email@example.com or (518) 899-2608 ext.105.