Remote Economic Data and Research Analyst
Do great work, with a great team, for great clients.
Camoin Associates is looking for a Remote Economic Data and Research Analyst who is highly analytical, experienced with data analysis and associated tools, research oriented, organized, able to work independently, self-motivated and has either a Master’s Degree or prior professional experience. This position is geared towards individuals who have the skills needed to analyze and interpret economic and financial data, enjoy research projects, and are looking for an opportunity to use those skills to support the team in various economic development related projects. Come be part of a firm that is working around the country to support clients as they navigate ever changing economic conditions to improve the world in which people live, work, and play
The person chosen for this position will serve as a research and data analyst for a variety of projects, including real estate and industry market analysis, development feasibility studies, economic and fiscal impact analysis, and economic and workforce development strategies. The person will work closely with the firm’s project managers and other analysts. Example projects include:
- Collecting, analyzing, and presenting data to understand the economic base of a region, including socioeconomic characteristics, industry and occupation trends, and the real estate market.
- Measuring the economic and fiscal impact of a proposed mixed-use development on the host community, including the cost of providing community services.
- Providing research and data to support projects that cover a wide range of topics, including: housing, economic resiliency, downtown revitalization, green technology, target sector trends, supply chain analysis, real estate changes, and more.
- Assisting with proposal preparation and marketing materials.
- Undergraduate and Master’s level degree in economics, finance, statistics, business, or other related quantitative field preferred.
- Two years of professional work experience may be considered as a substitute for Master’s degree.
- Strong analytic skills in data analysis and economic research, professional-level competencies in Excel, experience working with databases and/or CRM systems, data visualization, and excellent writing and communication skills required.
Additional Skills Desired:
- Aptitude for assessing and understanding numeric data and ability to identify trends and critical points.
- Ability to interpret information and succinctly articulate its meaning in written and graphic form for a non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated interest and ability in research techniques, analytical tools, and desire to utilize new tools for gaining insights into research topics.
- Knowledge of research methods including survey analysis and web-based research.
- Excellent attention to detail, time-management, and organizational skills.
- A good communicator, strong collaborator, and team player.
Camoin Associates provides all analysts with equipment (PC, dual monitors, camera, and optional headset for video conferencing). Please note that we are only making this position available to citizens and residents with all necessary authorizations already in place (OPT does not qualify).
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to Rachel Selsky, C/O Erin Teets at email@example.com. Please describe in your cover letter why you want to be in a position of research and analytics. If selected for further consideration, we will request additional documentation at a later date. Please no telephone inquiries.
Key Words: economics, finance, economic development, consultant, fiscal, grant, workforce, impact analysis, market research, administration.