NEWS | JOB OPENINGS
Economic Development Researcher/Analyst
Camoin Associates is announcing the opening of a professional level position in our Saratoga Springs, NY office. We are looking for someone who is highly analytical, organized, self-motivated and willing to learn. This position is geared towards an individual interested in growing into a project manager role, taking on additional responsibilities and participating in our national growth strategy.
Since 1999, Camoin Associates has specialized in providing economic development solutions to both public and private sector clients. Through our work, we have developed Regional, County, Town, and City economic development strategies that include an evaluation of current programs and EDO management structures. We have developed models to measure the economic and fiscal impact of real estate development, business relocation and other economic development projects on a local economy and its tax base. We also provide market analysis and feasibility studies for economic development organizations, developers and municipalities throughout the Northeast. Through this work, the firm has completed numerous industrial, office, retail, hotel and tourism market studies, detailed financial feasibility analysis for redevelopment projects, and local/regional economic development plans and strategies. Our reputation for detailed, place-specific, and accurate analysis has led to projects in twenty states and garnered attention from national media outlets including Forbes magazine, NPR and the Wall Street Journal. Additionally, throughout our marketing strategies, we have helped our clients gain both national and local media coverage for their projects in order to build public support and leverage additional funding. To learn more about our experience and projects in all of our service areas, please visit our website at www.camoinassociates.com.
The person chosen for this position will primarily serve as a research analyst for a variety of projects, including economic strategic planning, business attraction and retention, site selection, real estate and industry market analysis, feasibility studies, tech-led development, and economic and fiscal impact analysis. Other responsibilities will include helping in the preparation of proposals, participating in site visits and presentations, and other internal company tasks. Limited travel.
- Advanced degree in policy analysis, economics, business finance, urban planning, public administration, or other related field required.
- Strong analytic skills in data analysis, professional-level competencies in Excel, excellent writing and communication skills required.
- Some professional level experience required, may include temporary work as long as demonstration of aptitude and performance can be made.
Additional Skills & Qualifications Desired:
- Demonstrable attention to detail and organizational skills.
- A good communicator, strong collaborator and team player.
- Accustomed to working in an open office setting.
- Experience in proofing, copy editing, graphic design, and/or GIS a plus.
- Experience with consulting and project management preferred.
- Facilitation and presentation skills a plus.
- Comfort with social media and on-line collaboration.
- Knowledge of research methods including survey analysis and web-based research.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to Michael N’dolo at email@example.com. If selected for additional consideration, we will request additional documentation at a later date. Please no telephone inquiries.
Key Words: consultant, management, finance, economics, fiscal, grant, urban planning, community development, strategic planning, impact analysis, market research, administration.